Thursday, July 11, 2013


 

My head is swimming with the amount of valuable information I've been introduced to this week in class.   It is unlikely that I will be able to implement all of them so I will only plan on practicing and incorporating two of them this school year, baby steps, very little baby steps.  I teach using a Smartboard on a regular basis but I have not utilized to its full potential so my first goal is to increase the frequency  of my use  of the toolbar, gallery and activities by 50% or more. 


Podcasts could be very useful to me for assessment.  Often I have students do an oral exam of a skill or an explanation of something we learned in class, i.e. the process of photosynthesis or how to use the order of operations to evaluate a problem.  I can have students record their explanation so I can listen to at home and not use class time to grade the oral assessment in person like I have been doing all these years.


Lisa Thumann / CC BY-SA 2.0

1 comment:

  1. Setting achievable goals is wise. And both of these will make a positive difference in your classroom. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete